Jr. Project Manager
The Junior Project Manager is an effective problem-solver responsible for monitoring a project’s lifecycle to ensure it remains on track, meets deadlines, stays under hours/budget, and is developed according to plan.
This role will support the Sr. Program Manager by leading the gathering and definition of project requirements and ensure associated documentation is complete and accurate and effectively managed through the project life cycle. Facilitate consistent communication between the agency’s Creative, Project Management, and Account Management teams, to ensure projects are executed on-quality (tactical) and on-time in support of the overarching campaign deliverables.
An effective problem solver, the Jr. Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities to realize efficiencies and minimize late delivery of assets and scope creep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Lifecycle Management:
- Leads Project kickoff, presenting project brief, including key deliverables, initial spec sheets, and timelines
- Monitors project timelines daily.
- Acts as filter for all creative deliverables, ensuring they align with original project brief request, before handing off to Account Services team.
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise.
- Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule.
- Manages tactical quality of all client partner deliverables (specs).
- Project Lifecycle Management:
- Resource Management:
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with Sr PMs to address and solve those issues.
- Attend weekly Creative Services meetings to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Advertising, or Marketing preferred.
- 1-3 years project management experience in a creative services organization working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of project management methodology, with proven experience managing creative workflows for Social, Print, Digital, and TV Production.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, ability to coordinate team to meet deadlines, anticipate potential bottlenecks, and resolve issues independently.
|Job Category||Account Services|