Senior Media Planner
The Media Planner assists the media team with executing paid media strategies and programs that are a part of a larger, integrated plan that is focused on meeting overall Client business goals. They are responsible for working closely with the team to create, activate and review best in class cross-platform paid programs. The Sr. Planner assists with reporting, ongoing campaign optimization, deck preparation, and defining overall KPI’s and goals per channel.
- Responsible for managing end-to-end paid media engagements involving campaign strategy, planning and implementation
- Conduct research to establish media objectives, strategies and tactics for cross-channel campaigns
- Analyze relevant channels, develop budgets and flowcharts and recommend tactical implementation and timing
- Develop and maintain media plan updates and campaign documents including media plans, flowcharts, budgets, insertion orders, vendor lists and reports to ensure high level of accuracy
- Develop and present comprehensive media plans to internal stakeholders and clients
- Partake in RFP responses and new business opportunities
- Keep in front of industry and paid media trends and developments by conducting research, engaging in training and attending industry events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Planning and Buying
- Familiar with media planning (e.g. Kantar, MRI, ComScore), web analytics (e.g. GA360) and ad serving (e.g. Campaign Manager) tools
- Experience with media planning and activation across channels (e.g. Social, Search, Display)
- Able to present internally and externally
- Must be passionately in tune with the latest social media developments, online behaviors, and trends.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality.
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of an organization.
Professional Skills Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in a data driven environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Google suite and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to take complex solutions and make them simple to explain and digest
- Attend weekly & monthly media team meetings and client meetings as needed
- Present recommendations and campaign reporting to clients
Candidate experience should include:
- Experience involving paid social buys, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter a plus
- Experience involving programmatic buys on DV360 a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrating resourcefulness, creatively using resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- A passion for keeping up with the latest media trends
- Attention to detail; demonstrates a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Media Planner is responsible for day to day campaign management in support of client goals
- Supports Supervisors and Planners in developing a strategic approach across client businesses
- Develop, maintain, and execute proposals for paid social media campaigns across different platforms
- Implement pre, during and post campaign optimization strategy planning and discussions with Supervisor
- Familiarity with pixel generation, UTM parameters, and third-party ad tracking as it relates to campaign set up and reporting
- Identify trends and key insights for campaign reports. This can include bi weekly, monthly, wrap-up etc.
- Responsible for maintaining budget sheets, trafficking instructions, creative allocations, budgets/billing discrepancies, and make-goods
- Budgets pacing tracking
- Campaign optimizations
- Budget and bidding allocation across platforms
- Activating social media buys from within the agency’s platforms
- Make optimizations based on campaign performance
- Test and give recommendations on new platform features
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.