The Public Relations Account Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day PR needs across two of our largest multicultural clients. Key to this role will be the ability to support and drive forward the conception and execution of PR & Influencer programs across a variety of brands. The candidate must have experience in developing and executing U.S Hispanic PR strategies and tactical plans, earned media strategy creation and outreach, corporate social responsibility programs, influencer partnerships, and measurement + analysis. Must have strong relationships with U.S Hispanic journalists and editors across different beats.
The AS will be part of the PR team, which includes a PR Account Manager and a PR Sr. Account Manager, reporting into the Director of Communications.
- Manage 2-3 PR accounts
- Manage PR programs’ performance of various accounts, ensuring quality work, and adherence
- Serve as a communications counsel and provide support for problem solving and crisis management. Ability to problem solve and thrive in the most challenging client situations is essential.
- Develop, plan, and execute all PR tactics on behalf of clients, including but not limited to: event planning and management, media relations, social media campaigns, writing, message development, crisis communication, speaking engagements, and reporting
- Play a major role in the creation of PR plans and goals that are aligned with client’s business objectives and support integrated campaigns’ goals.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and influencer relations outreach plans
- Becomes an expert on the client business, products, competitive set, and priorities
- Effectively presents the agency’s recommendations and point-of-view to clients with confidence
- Ability to cross-functionally collaborate with other teams including accounts, creative, social media, strategy and paid media teams.
- In conjunction with the PR Director, prepare proposals, budgets and timelines for existing clients
- Develop monthly client reports, update weekly status reports, present and participate in client-weekly status calls.
- In some cases oversee client profitability, manage budgets and staff hours
Program Management & Execution
- Contributes to brand/program strategy to achieve client and program KPIs
- Demonstrates tactical proficiency in earned media relations, including guiding and executing outreach plans, message development, management of activations, effective pitching and training of spokespersons for media interviews and more
- Create press materials including news releases, toolkits, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, byline articles, case studies, speeches and Q&A’s for clients
- Management of influencer relations programs, including partnering with team experts to define strategy, selecting partners, executing and analyzing results
- Serve as liaison between influencers and internal teams
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, client presentations, etc. as well as successfully present POVs and work to gain internal and client alignment
- Has an understanding of paid amplification of Influencer and PR content
- Experience in identifying, negotiating and contracting celebrity and expert spokespersons.
- When needed participate in new business development and provide strategic guidance and ideas for PR related efforts
- In conjunction with PR Director, prepare proposals, budgets and timelines for prospective clients
Passion, Curiosity and Values
- Loves to stay on top of culture, and is constantly consuming news and social media in order to predict trends and use those to inform the work
- Commits to continuous learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends
- BS/BA Advertising/Communications/Public Relations
- Minimum 5+ years agency experience in public relations, including management experience and media relations expertise
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent storytelling skills, and provide sound, level-appropriate media counsel with all levels of internal client contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Fluent in English and Spanish verbal and written is a must
|Job Category||Public Relations|